The Granary’s Carrot Cake
• 184g Plain flour
• 2 tsp cinnamon
• 1/3 tsp salt
• 1 1/3 tsp baking powder
• 3 eggs
• 266g golden caster sugar
• 230ml vegetable oil
• 250g grated carrot
• 134g sultanas (soaked in warm orange juice)
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
• 150g butter
• 150g soft cheese
• 300g icing sugar, sifted
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
To achieve the perfect carrot cake, pay close attention to the
- First, you must pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius, lightly grease a baking tin and line it with baking parchment.
- Next, you need to mix together the flour, salt, cinnamon and baking powder into a large bowl while you mix the eggs and sugar with some oil in a different bowl.
- Slowly add in the flour, salt and cinnamon mix into the eggs and sugar and mix thoroughly. Gradually begin to add the raisins and the carrot gratings while mixing.
- Once the mix has been stirred enough, pour the batter into a cake tin and place in the oven for 35-40 minutes.
- Once the cake is out of the oven, place on a cake rack and leave to cool. Once it has cooled, smother the cake in cream cheese icing and enjoy.